This project is read-only.

List of recent snippets

May 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Would be nice to see a list of most recent snippets that you have uploaded.

Also similar to the snippet tag cloud, it would be really cool to have a private one.

May 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. Funnily enough, I've been considering the most recent snippets, but from the point of view of all the ones that have been uploaded - this would be on the first screen. Given some styling changes that I'm looking at, this could tie in nicely with your suggestion, thanks for that.

With regards to the private tag cloud, this is definitely one for the pot for us to consider.

Thanks for the ideas.

May 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I'd just like to give you an update on what's happening right now. Currently I'm reworking the interface to be a lighter interface, and I'll be incorporating various suggestions/improvements in that upload. I apologise that things have gone a bit quiet, but this is a significant upgrade to the application so it's taking a while, and I hope that it will be worth the wait.

Issues raised aren't being ignored (i.e. the delete bug), it's just that I can't release just a partial fix now that the codebase is wide open.

Again, thanks for your patience and understanding.

Pete

May 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Really no problem at all. I know you guys are busy and finding time to help the community and have a life is commendable.

I have been monitoring the progress and am still keen to use (and recommend) this project.

I shall await the release and go from there. All the best.

Dan

May 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Dan

Thanks for your patience. I've uploaded the new version of CodeStash - it's taken a lot of work to get there, but it's up and running now. I hope that you like what we've done to the interface. I'll now get round to trying to pick up and address some of the outstanding issues - I've fixed a few potential issues in this release, and we now have a relatively stable base to push forward.

May 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Edited May 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Love the layout. Clean and crisp just like newly pressed sheets!!!

Anyway, I will take a look at let you know how I get on. I did notice the issue regarding delete and search but I guess from your last comment this will be looked at with the other outstanding issues.

Just thinking about it, I will try a different browser (using chrome) and give the site a proper testing later.

Thanks Pete

Dan

p.s. Added to my wish list, it would be great to see in the script headers, what is public, my team or private: i.e. 

Title: Service Proxy Helper
Description: Use this helper class to initiate, open and close a WCF service
Category: WCF 
Visibility: MyTeam                <---- new line
Added by: db7uk on 5/6/2012

Thanks

May 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Glad you like it Dan. I like the visibility idea, and will look to add it into our roadmap.

May 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Cool. Will let you know about anything encountered when testing. Thanks!

May 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM

OK, I've added the visibility in. Thanks for the suggestion Dan.

May 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM

spilt my drink!...... damn that was quick! Looks good! 

May 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Ok, found a couple of things. 

First, I have checked in different browsers and all looking good. Again, visibility tag is very good and useful however this did show an issue (I believe) with snippets being visible when they are marked as "Only me". I have added to log.

Secondly, The search function when logged off does work to an extent. If I search for "By language" and select c# I get some search results. Cool, However if I select "View" I get the logon screen. Great. If I select popup instead whilst being logged off I see the code regardless.

Lastly, The code is always visible if the logged off user selects something from the tag cloud.

I hope you don't mind me looking at this and reporting stuff? It's just I would really like to see this work as I fully support the work you guys do!

May 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Thanks Dan. The more feedback we get, the better. I appreciate you taking the time to find these issues and we'll get round to looking at them ASAP. I'm going to be away from the computer for a week or so, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I get these sorted out. In the mean time, any issues, please continue to raise them.

Regards

Pete

May 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Dan, just to let you know that the delete snippet issue should be resolved now. I've uploaded a fix to the site, so you should be able to delete your snippet now.

May 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Yes, I can confirm this now works! Thank you very much.

I am testing again and I notice the search is also picking up VB.NET as it was not beforehand.

Thanks Pete.

If you are away on Holiday for the next couple of weeks then I wish you a good time. If for another reason then I wish all is well. I shall continue to take a look at the site but want to say that it is coming on really well.

Many thanks

Dan

May 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know Dan. I'm off to France for a week soon, so I won't be active online. Once again, thanks for letting us know of issues you find.

May 31, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Have a great time. Thanks for resolving! Will keep you posted with any more findings.